Monday, March 30, 2009

The start of my life

My name is Maria and i am a survivor of child abuse. The first three years of my life were what would have been seen as a normal childhood. But just after my third birthday my parents separated.  My dad was the one to take me with him. He tried to look after me but as a single father who was working he found it to hard to look after a little girl so he enlisted some help from his mother. So this was the start of an arrangement where during the weekdays i would be with my nan and on weekends I would be with my dad. This worked well for them both. I can remember going to my dad on weekends and being taken to parties where i would often fall asleep on the lounge with people partying around me. But slowly things were going to change with the convenience of this arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment